We welcome all submissions of content to Birthstone Buzz.
Our content is focused on all things to do with birthstones. Your personal experiences, the Zodiac and Astrology, gemstones, jewellery, care for your birthstones, quotes, movies, documentaries, and so on. We also have content about things that are maybe less related, but still in some way of value to our readers.
You can submit content in three different ways –
- Suggest a Pin – This is the simplest. You simply provide us with a URL to a page somewhere and a few reasons why you think we should pin the page and content. We’ll do the rest.
- Submit a Pin – A little more involved. You send us the content, which can be a page URL and photo, or just a personal photo of your pet, along with a title and description, and we’ll do the rest.
- Submit an Article – Use this if you want to write some content for inclusion on our site. If you just want to discuss this before spending the time to write the article, please use our Contact Us page first. The Submit an Article page is for submitting an article that is ready to publish.
All submitted content will be reviewed for suitability and we will advise you of the result.
Pins are meant to be reasonably basic in nature. Generally, just an image, a title, a couple of paragraphs of description and a URL (if for external content on another site).
Pins can be –
- Photographs / images / illustrations you own (e.g. of your gemstones, your jewellery, events and much more)
- Blog posts, both yours and others, as long as they are relevant.
- Informational pages / sites (websites, social platforms like Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- Videos (YouTube, Vimeo etc)
- Audio files (SoundCloud), and so on.
Pins should include –
- Your name and email. You can optionally have you name tagged on the pin, and we will notify you of the result of your submission.
- A suitable and relevant photo / image, of reasonable quality. This photo should not be too large.
- A relevant title. We do reserve the right to change any suggested title if we believe it necessary.
- A brief description of the pin. Limit it to text only and a few paragraphs. We prefer at least one good paragraph as a minimum, not just a few words in a simple sentence. Tell us about the pin in enough detail so we ‘get the picture’ so to speak.
- Optionally, a web URL if the pin is for an external page on another website.
- Optionally, you can select one or more categories for the pin.
Any article you submit should follow these guidelines –
- It must be on topic and of value to our users. It can be useful information or just something funny, but our users must find it of value.
- It must not be commercial in nature. You know what that means – it can’t be promoting products or services.
- Any link included in the article must not be commercial. They must only link to pages that would be of value to our users. The page can be on your own site, and you may sell products or services on that site, but the link must not be to any product or service page.
- The article must be submitted as a PDF file.
Articles will still be posted as pins, so we will decide which categories to post in. You can optionally suggest categories if you wish, in the Article Brief.